About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th. This will be my 14th year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Severe Weather

As I watched the news and the devastation around our tri-state area, I have such mixed emotions of gratefulness, that the areas where I live and teach were spared, and sadness, for the loss of so many lives and the homes that were destroyed.  Hopefully, your child told you that the one job I hold the most nearest and dearest to my heart is keeping them safe and secure.  They knew that I was aware of the potential of threatening weather all day and would periodically check the weather radar and other weather updates.  Likewise, I would share with the students what was going on so that they would continue to know that I had their safety in the forefront of my mind.  I believe this honesty gave them the additional reassurance that they were going to be okay.

I will post pictures of our wonderful week of learning later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.