About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th. This will be my 14th year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year

It seems as if everyone had a wonderful winter break!  I know it is difficult getting back to the school routine; especially the waking up to an alarm part. We had a great week back.  As I looked at photos I took this week, I seemed to have only remembered to take pictures during Math this week.  We also did a great Science lesson that I forgot to capture with photos...like I said, it is difficult getting back to the school routine!

 We made a New Year's resolution on a 2012 party hat.
We answered the survey question:  'What time did you go to sleep on New Year's Eve?'
After analyzing the data, we noticed we had quite a few night owls!



 We selected an attribute of a group of buttons and sorted the buttons based on that attribute.
 We then had to show our sort on paper in a way that anyone walking into our classroom would know how we sorted.




We played a fun game, 'Guess My Rule'.  
We used shells, power polygons, buttons, and bears.

Our Student of the Week!

1 comment:

  1. The New Year's kids are so cute! I love the graph too. I wish I would have done it. It goes so well with our data unit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.