About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th. This will be my 14th year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Off to a Great Start

The beginning of this school year has been one that will stick with me for years to come!  As tough as it was to unpack way too many boxes and prepare the set-up for a classroom I had not seen finished, I am thrilled with how things have come together and beyond grateful for my family's help and support!
Since the first day of school, the students have been very adaptable to everything that has been thrown our way as we figure out some of the bugs from a new building and new technology.  Here are a few photos from our first week:
Set-up Before Meet the Teacher
 
 
Our Tour of the 2nd Floor 
 Working on Our S.T.A.R.S. Books 
 
Practicing Turn and Talk
 Math Exploration
 
 
 
 
Reading Independently
 
 These last photos are beyond awesome!
A few students asked me to go down the twirly slide during our 'Fun Friday' time, and I was more than willing to fulfill their request.  After I went down, a student asked if Mrs. Baker would go down too. I told him that he'd have to ask Mrs. Baker.  She too said that she would go down the slide.  The students and I (and my camera) were waiting for her at the end! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.