About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th. This will be my 14th year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Polar Express

Even though this time of year is very hectic, I just love all of the wonderful memories that are created! 
This past week, we traveled to the Netherlands, Germany, Australia, and Mexico.  We continue to receive holiday cards from around the country.  As we receive cards, we collect data and find their location using Google Earth.  On Friday, we enjoyed a fun-filled Polar Express Day!  
Here is just a sampling of our week:

We measured and determined How Big Are Our Feet.


  We visited Germany.  


We listened to The Conductor read us The Polar Express.


 The Conductor punched our tickets before we went aboard The Polar Express.


We did many fun activities; including making our own Five Silver Bells book!

After receiving a special gift from the North Pole (a bell for each student), I read Five Silver Bells as the students rang their bells after each page.  Gave me goosebumps!


Our class in our pjs!  Notice the cute Santas they made last week on the wall.

Our Student of the Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.