About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th grade. This will be my sixth year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Note Takers

This past week, we read about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  I was inspired by our Art teacher, Mrs. Cooper, who showed me the wonderful notes of some students who wrote while they watched a video about an artist they were studying.  I offered students the same opportunity while we watched Brainpopjr about the two presidents.  They were able to rattle off many facts using their notes after the videos.  I was blown away by their responses!  Here are some photos from our week:
If I Were President...
Representations of Data Collected
 Gallery Walk Noticing Our Representations
 
Note Taking While Watching Brainpopjr about George Washington 

No comments:

Post a Comment