About Me

My Photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. This is my third year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Proud Americans

What a wonderful week we had learning about and discussing the reasons why we live in such a great country!  Here a a few photos I took throughout the week:

Election Day
We read Duck for President and a nonfiction book, Election Day.
We then completed various activities on the Smart Board related to those books.

Veterans Day

 
We made soldiers, read the book The Wall, by Eve Bunting,
wrote about what why veterans are so important, 
and completed various activities on the Smart Board related to 
Veterans Day.

 We did a gallery walk in our lobby.
All of the first grade students did such a great job!

 We joined the rest of the BES students and performed for our veterans.
One of my favorite days of the year!



Thank you veterans!

Roll and Record Subtraction


Student of the Week




No comments:

Post a Comment