About Me

My photo
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in June 2009. I began my wonderful career teaching first grade shortly thereafter, in August 2009. In June 2016, I completed my Masters with the focus in Reading grades K-6th grade. This will be my sixth year utilizing a blog and hope that it will provide parents with another avenue to view their child's accomplishments throughout the school year.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Travels

Between our unit Celebrations Around the World and our Holiday Card Exchange, we have 'traveled' to far away countries:  Italy, England, and Sweden as well as within the United States:  Maryland, Florida, Texas, and many, many more.  We also had a great time during Grinch Day!
Here are a few pictures that I snapped along the way.

 Just a few of the cards the first grade team have received.
(Displayed on the bulletin board in hallway across from the 'Blue Room')

Additional cards are on our classroom wall for students to take down and read.

I did not get any photos of our out of the States travels...however, this is the suitcase similar to the one the students made.  After they visited a country, they got their passports stamped and placed the craft they made inside the suitcase.  A great collaboration with Mrs. Langston and Mr. Holden!



Grinch fun!  We also, read the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas, brainstormed adjectives to describe the Grinch in the beginning and then at the end of the story, completed at text to self paper finishing the lines:  I am grumpy when... and I am happy when..., generated words using the letters GRINCH, and watched the Grinch video with the other first grade classes!

 Last, but certainly not least, our Student of the Week!

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. That is a good idea for a first grader project during Christmas. Holding a Grinch day sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun! I didn't get a photo this year, but my team all wear matching Grinch t-shirts too. The Christmas card exchange was amazing! We will sign-up to Skype with other classrooms next year.

    ReplyDelete